- There’s a new appendix in the Horgothic section dealing with stress in the language. I’ll try buffing it up with a discussion on prosody later on.
- There’s a new entry in the Database dealing with “Population and Administration”. That has 2 pages currently. The first goes into demographics in Incudea, and the second one goes into the administrative structure of Incudean monarchies. Whenever I get around to explaining how the Incudean Council and its various divisions and subdivisions work, I’ll add it as a third page here.
Managed to get my hosting situation fixed so the site is back up, hopefully for the long haul this time.
The main site will be down for a while. This blog and my DA gallery [here] are still active. See you on the other side.
Under Chronicles->Present, “Take Me Home” reveals how a well-known incident on Earth has its origin in a faraway, yet, familiar, place. Under Horgothic->Reader, three new entries have been added, so that the reader can now see what Sinduin’s native script looks like, how the dreaded Dolens used to write (or maybe not), and the kind of Chinese employed in the fake future concocted by Sandalion (cf. “Prenez-moi comme cela” in the Chronicles).
There are 2 new pages up in the Time section of the site. One is a calendar converter that accepts Earth time in Julian Date rather than the usual years and months (boring), the other is an article on the calendar in Glowgem, i.e. the calendar Sinduin grew up with (exciting?).
I’ve added a new entry to the Present Chronicles: Prenez-moi comme cela.
In celebration of Commander Durgaun’s 347th birthday today, here is an update.
1) I added the Zeburajan script and readings as a new page in Readings.
2) I did a new Physics entry in Database. The first page is elementary physics, and the second page is a kind of magic.
3) I added a new story to the Chronicles (“Twenty Seconds”), and added the Horgothic version to Readings.
I’m working on a lot of stuff right now (a handful of stories, plus plenty of Database stuff). Cheers.
A year since my last update, wow. Cue in the crickets, please. Anyway, looking at the left sidebar on the site here’s what’s going on:
1) CHRONICLES = I’m actually done with “Flowers in the Abyss”, I just need to create the HTML page and cook up some images for it. I also have quite a bit of material for the next historical section, “Ransain Saga”, so hopefully I can get both of these sections uploaded in 2016. Also, the first 2 arcs of “Sinduin Saga” are up, and uhmm, I’m not sure what I’m doing with that next.
2) DATABASE = There’s a new (well, newer than the last update) multi-page section on the most popular religion in Incudea, Tarteism. Next up might be a section on the physics of the Haloed Bane universe. Basic stuff like the elements and the fundamental forces. I do have enough material for the section already, but it’s far from polished (and it doesn’t make any sense, though that’s never stopped me).
3) GALLERY = Onsite I haven’t added much, but follow the links and you can find several new pics on DA and Rendo.
4) HORGOTHIC = The primer is all ready, and I have 3 readings up as planned. Hopefully I’ll push myself to add stuff like long original texts in Horgothic and translations of human philosophy.
5) TIME = It’s low on the priority list right now, but I’d like to add a section on how various planets in Incudea handle calendars. The Silver Year is the overarching official standard, but obviously each planet has its own rotation and orbit periods, so it should make for some interesting timekeeping conundrums.
On a day like today, two hundred twenty-four Incudean years ago, Sinduin was born on the desolate moon of Albrajen.
In other news, the Incudean religion section of the site is finally up and running, starting with the page [here].
A couple of months ago I switched webhosts and I’ve been alternating between recreating (HTML, by hand) and uploading old content and creating fresh content (mostly the former). Running through my sidebar menu from top to bottom:
1) In the Past section of the Chronicles, I’m still basically stuck where I was months ago (except that I added Disaster at Rekish, skipping thousands of years in the process). I reckon I might as well post what I have, rather than waiting to get one millennium done before moving on to the next one. As for the Present section, I’m slowly putting up all the Sinduin Saga episodes I’ve done (up to only twenty, ugh). Also, I’ve begun exploring Sinduin’s activities just prior to SS, so someday this stuff should see the light of day.
2) The Database only has one article on Halos and Glorioles. Chances are the next article to pop up will be on religion. I’ve got tons of material on the topic (tons!) so it’s just a matter of time before I do this.
3) The Gallery, well, exists. It’s only got two images as of now, with a link to my Renderosity gallery, which has one additional image. Basically, this area of the site is going to be for me to put images that I have no use for elsewhere (though if they’re real pretty, I might put them on Renderosity instead, or in both locations, whatever).
4) The Horgothic (linguistic) area has two sections: Primer and Reader. My initial plan is to have a five lesson primer and a three passage reader (the idea being to expand in the future as needed). So far I’ve got four lessons and a half, plus one passage up. Right now this area is supposed to be top priority so I hope to be done here relatively soon.
5) Time and Weblog are pretty much fine as they are.