- There’s a new appendix in the Horgothic section dealing with stress in the language. I’ll try buffing it up with a discussion on prosody later on.
- There’s a new entry in the Database dealing with “Population and Administration”. That has 2 pages currently. The first goes into demographics in Incudea, and the second one goes into the administrative structure of Incudean monarchies. Whenever I get around to explaining how the Incudean Council and its various divisions and subdivisions work, I’ll add it as a third page here.
Managed to get my hosting situation fixed so the site is back up, hopefully for the long haul this time.
The main site will be down for a while. This blog and my DA gallery [here] are still active. See you on the other side.
Under Chronicles->Present, “Take Me Home” reveals how a well-known incident on Earth has its origin in a faraway, yet, familiar, place. Under Horgothic->Reader, three new entries have been added, so that the reader can now see what Sinduin’s native script looks like, how the dreaded Dolens used to write (or maybe not), and the kind of Chinese employed in the fake future concocted by Sandalion (cf. “Prenez-moi comme cela” in the Chronicles).
There are 2 new pages up in the Time section of the site. One is a calendar converter that accepts Earth time in Julian Date rather than the usual years and months (boring), the other is an article on the calendar in Glowgem, i.e. the calendar Sinduin grew up with (exciting?).
I’ve added a new entry to the Present Chronicles: Prenez-moi comme cela.
In celebration of Commander Durgaun’s 347th birthday today, here is an update.
1) I added the Zeburajan script and readings as a new page in Readings.
2) I did a new Physics entry in Database. The first page is elementary physics, and the second page is a kind of magic.
3) I added a new story to the Chronicles (“Twenty Seconds”), and added the Horgothic version to Readings.
I’m working on a lot of stuff right now (a handful of stories, plus plenty of Database stuff). Cheers.
Yet another year has passed since my last update. And today is New Year’s Day in Incudea, year 8845. Some things I have been up to in the past 12 months:
- Flowers in the Abyss is up, which brings the chronicles of Incudea down to 1500 BC. Ransain Saga is next, and I have roughly half of the material ready for it.
- I put up a database entry on the Incudean Army, including Front and Rear Armies, [here].
- I created a whole new font for the Teivan script, the more or less official writing system of the Inculae. This block-style font can be seen at the bottom of the page [here].
- Lots has happened behind the scenes as well: a) the Horgothic lexicon has grown to 4,600+ entries (I’ll have to update the online link to that at some point); b) I’ve mapped over 40% of the Exotics, and by mapping I mean naming the star systems, figuring out whether they’re inhabited or not, and if they are, figuring a general description of their inhabitants, Incudean or alien. At the rate I’m going, it might take me 4-5 more years to finish this, but once I’m done the entire universe of Belklaun will be pretty much set (I’ll still have to map the Storms but those will be super easy as they’re mostly wastespace); c) I’ve really gotten a good grip on higher-level administration in Incudea: the functioning of the Council, the various Divisions and Sub-Divisions, plus of course how the major factions fit into all of it.
Now as to what will happen in the upcoming 2 months or so, I plan on adding a database entry on the universal jaisai magic and another on the Incudean administrative structure, as well as becoming more active in the external galleries linked through my Gallery page. Also, I’ve made webfonts for the script of the Zeburajan nation of Oxytania, so I’ll add some information and samples on the Horgothic page. Stay tuned!
A year since my last update, wow. Cue in the crickets, please. Anyway, looking at the left sidebar on the site here’s what’s going on:
1) CHRONICLES = I’m actually done with “Flowers in the Abyss”, I just need to create the HTML page and cook up some images for it. I also have quite a bit of material for the next historical section, “Ransain Saga”, so hopefully I can get both of these sections uploaded in 2016. Also, the first 2 arcs of “Sinduin Saga” are up, and uhmm, I’m not sure what I’m doing with that next.
2) DATABASE = There’s a new (well, newer than the last update) multi-page section on the most popular religion in Incudea, Tarteism. Next up might be a section on the physics of the Haloed Bane universe. Basic stuff like the elements and the fundamental forces. I do have enough material for the section already, but it’s far from polished (and it doesn’t make any sense, though that’s never stopped me).
3) GALLERY = Onsite I haven’t added much, but follow the links and you can find several new pics on DA and Rendo.
4) HORGOTHIC = The primer is all ready, and I have 3 readings up as planned. Hopefully I’ll push myself to add stuff like long original texts in Horgothic and translations of human philosophy.
5) TIME = It’s low on the priority list right now, but I’d like to add a section on how various planets in Incudea handle calendars. The Silver Year is the overarching official standard, but obviously each planet has its own rotation and orbit periods, so it should make for some interesting timekeeping conundrums.
On a day like today, two hundred twenty-four Incudean years ago, Sinduin was born on the desolate moon of Albrajen.
In other news, the Incudean religion section of the site is finally up and running, starting with the page [here].