The main site will be down for a while. This blog and my DA gallery [here] are still active. See you on the other side.
Under Chronicles->Present, “Take Me Home” reveals how a well-known incident on Earth has its origin in a faraway, yet, familiar, place. Under Horgothic->Reader, three new entries have been added, so that the reader can now see what Sinduin’s native script looks like, how the dreaded Dolens used to write (or maybe not), and the kind of Chinese employed in the fake future concocted by Sandalion (cf. “Prenez-moi comme cela” in the Chronicles).
There are 2 new pages up in the Time section of the site. One is a calendar converter that accepts Earth time in Julian Date rather than the usual years and months (boring), the other is an article on the calendar in Glowgem, i.e. the calendar Sinduin grew up with (exciting?).
I’ve added a new entry to the Present Chronicles: Prenez-moi comme cela.
In celebration of Commander Durgaun’s 347th birthday today, here is an update.
1) I added the Zeburajan script and readings as a new page in Readings.
2) I did a new Physics entry in Database. The first page is elementary physics, and the second page is a kind of magic.
3) I added a new story to the Chronicles (“Twenty Seconds”), and added the Horgothic version to Readings.
I’m working on a lot of stuff right now (a handful of stories, plus plenty of Database stuff). Cheers.
Yet another year has passed since my last update. And today is New Year’s Day in Incudea, year 8845. Some things I have been up to in the past 12 months:
- Flowers in the Abyss is up, which brings the chronicles of Incudea down to 1500 BC. Ransain Saga is next, and I have roughly half of the material ready for it.
- I put up a database entry on the Incudean Army, including Front and Rear Armies, [here].
- I created a whole new font for the Teivan script, the more or less official writing system of the Inculae. This block-style font can be seen at the bottom of the page [here].
- Lots has happened behind the scenes as well: a) the Horgothic lexicon has grown to 4,600+ entries (I’ll have to update the online link to that at some point); b) I’ve mapped over 40% of the Exotics, and by mapping I mean naming the star systems, figuring out whether they’re inhabited or not, and if they are, figuring a general description of their inhabitants, Incudean or alien. At the rate I’m going, it might take me 4-5 more years to finish this, but once I’m done the entire universe of Belklaun will be pretty much set (I’ll still have to map the Storms but those will be super easy as they’re mostly wastespace); c) I’ve really gotten a good grip on higher-level administration in Incudea: the functioning of the Council, the various Divisions and Sub-Divisions, plus of course how the major factions fit into all of it.
Now as to what will happen in the upcoming 2 months or so, I plan on adding a database entry on the universal jaisai magic and another on the Incudean administrative structure, as well as becoming more active in the external galleries linked through my Gallery page. Also, I’ve made webfonts for the script of the Zeburajan nation of Oxytania, so I’ll add some information and samples on the Horgothic page. Stay tuned!
A year since my last update, wow. Cue in the crickets, please. Anyway, looking at the left sidebar on the site here’s what’s going on:
1) CHRONICLES = I’m actually done with “Flowers in the Abyss”, I just need to create the HTML page and cook up some images for it. I also have quite a bit of material for the next historical section, “Ransain Saga”, so hopefully I can get both of these sections uploaded in 2016. Also, the first 2 arcs of “Sinduin Saga” are up, and uhmm, I’m not sure what I’m doing with that next.
2) DATABASE = There’s a new (well, newer than the last update) multi-page section on the most popular religion in Incudea, Tarteism. Next up might be a section on the physics of the Haloed Bane universe. Basic stuff like the elements and the fundamental forces. I do have enough material for the section already, but it’s far from polished (and it doesn’t make any sense, though that’s never stopped me).
3) GALLERY = Onsite I haven’t added much, but follow the links and you can find several new pics on DA and Rendo.
4) HORGOTHIC = The primer is all ready, and I have 3 readings up as planned. Hopefully I’ll push myself to add stuff like long original texts in Horgothic and translations of human philosophy.
5) TIME = It’s low on the priority list right now, but I’d like to add a section on how various planets in Incudea handle calendars. The Silver Year is the overarching official standard, but obviously each planet has its own rotation and orbit periods, so it should make for some interesting timekeeping conundrums.
On a day like today, two hundred twenty-four Incudean years ago, Sinduin was born on the desolate moon of Albrajen.
In other news, the Incudean religion section of the site is finally up and running, starting with the page [here].
A couple of months ago I switched webhosts and I’ve been alternating between recreating (HTML, by hand) and uploading old content and creating fresh content (mostly the former). Running through my sidebar menu from top to bottom:
1) In the Past section of the Chronicles, I’m still basically stuck where I was months ago (except that I added Disaster at Rekish, skipping thousands of years in the process). I reckon I might as well post what I have, rather than waiting to get one millennium done before moving on to the next one. As for the Present section, I’m slowly putting up all the Sinduin Saga episodes I’ve done (up to only twenty, ugh). Also, I’ve begun exploring Sinduin’s activities just prior to SS, so someday this stuff should see the light of day.
2) The Database only has one article on Halos and Glorioles. Chances are the next article to pop up will be on religion. I’ve got tons of material on the topic (tons!) so it’s just a matter of time before I do this.
3) The Gallery, well, exists. It’s only got two images as of now, with a link to my Renderosity gallery, which has one additional image. Basically, this area of the site is going to be for me to put images that I have no use for elsewhere (though if they’re real pretty, I might put them on Renderosity instead, or in both locations, whatever).
4) The Horgothic (linguistic) area has two sections: Primer and Reader. My initial plan is to have a five lesson primer and a three passage reader (the idea being to expand in the future as needed). So far I’ve got four lessons and a half, plus one passage up. Right now this area is supposed to be top priority so I hope to be done here relatively soon.
5) Time and Weblog are pretty much fine as they are.